Do you have an employee with leadership potential or a newly promoted supervisor/foreman and want to give him or her practical management training? This is the class. Broken up into Supervisor I, Supervisor II and Supervisor III training, each section will contain key aspects of effective leadership, equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to thrive in today’s manufacturing management environment. Among others, participants will learn how to:
- Identify different leadership styles.
- Identify different behavioral characteristics and determine the best method of relating to each type.
- Identify communication barriers and techniques to enhance communication in all directions.
- Identify how to manage and maximize available time and decrease non-productive activities.
- Apply different factors in delegation in a manner that will provide an environment for compliance.
- Identify components of effective meetings and apply them, resulting in meetings that are more productive.
- Identify what causes conflict and how to mitigate and prevent escalation of conflict.
The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.