OUR HOUSE SPECIALTY: FOOD-RELATED EFFICIENCIES
The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center serves clients across industries, but we have developed a niche with small to medium-sized food processors of 15-100 employees. So we understand the unique and substantial opportunity for Michigan. As consumer desire for fresh, natural and minimally processed food rises along with the need for an ever more transparent supply chain, demands on those handling, processing, packaging, warehousing and distributing food and food products are escalating like never before.
Our objective is simple: To improve efficiencies and diminish waste throughout your operations. The Center implements process standardization and prevention-based controls in accordance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), HACCP plans and Safe Quality Food (SQF) programs. Our framework prepares clients to function as a world class food processing operation.
MICHIGAN MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY CENTER & MICHIGAN MADE
From farm to fork, Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center’s expertise in food processing efficiencies spans every stage of production. We are a firm that will serve your business needs through certification, training, auditing and regulatory compliance. The Center’s on-site consulting services have proven success by:
- Maximizing production capacity with increased throughput by better utilizing existing resources (i.e. time, personnel, and equipment)
- Identifying and eliminating bottlenecks to streamline production
- Eliminating waste and downtime
- Improving website presence to best promote your product and effectively pursue new customers in like or new markets
HUNGRY FOR PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS? FEAST ON THESE SOLUTIONS
The Center has the experience your operations need to improve processes across the board and put an end to your business pains.
- Inconsistent Processing
- Bottlenecks and Pinch Points
- Scaling Up to Meet New Demand
- Cluttered Disorganized Facility
- Lack of Adequate Room or Space
- Excess Waste and Unnecessary Downtime
- Implementation of Standard Work Methods
- LEAN Mentoring and Line Optimization
- Process Improvements to Improve Efficiency
- 5S Workplace Organization
- Plant Layout & Assessment
- Capacity Improvements or Capacity Utilization
WE GROW BUSINESS
With The Center, food processors can achieve sustainable growth and results with a customized development plan. Has your business considered:
- Website and Digital Outreach
- Diversification: Expand into New Markets (Domestic and International)
- Customer Cultivation and Sales Training
- Innovation: Grow with New Products and Services
Receive your own batch of customized tools and resources while continuously maintaining food processing safety and quality standards. Contact a Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center efficiency expert at 818.414.6682 or click here.