This one-day interactive course will help equip participants with the skills needed to read and interpret 2D prints. Participants begin to recognize forms and lines, cut away drawings, drawing conventions and features and dimensions. The issue of tolerancing is addressed with a short overview of statistical basics such as normal distribution and process capability. Pre-tests help participants evaluate current skills. Post-tests indicate realized gains from the day’s interactive exercises.
This course covers:
- The History of the Blueprint
- Projection of Works and Types of Lines
- An Introduction to Features and Dimensions
- Scale Drawings and Drawings in Section
- Special Part Features and Configurations – Part I and II
- A Quick Look at GD&T
The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.